Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Progress, not perfection

I haven't really said a whole lot on here about changing my lifestyle via diet and exercise. At least not the diet side of things other than to mention the fresh fruits and veggies I pick up each week. I've just sort of plodded along quietly, doing my thing.

Mostly it's been a slow process and I don't really notice any major difference in how I look. How I feel is quite a bit better than previously. I'm a lot more energetic than I was. I rarely take naps in the middle of the afternoon anymore. Sad to say that was becoming an almost daily thing for a while there. I've been able to hike the small side of a nearby mini-mountain without stopping or being passed repeatedly by everyone under the sun. And my clothes are fitting better.

At the beginning of the process, I thought I should take a picture for documentation purposes. Unlike what a lot of people do, I didn't take the picture in an outfit that currently fit, but in one that I wanted to get back into. It was a tough first picture. After seeing the picture, I decided to take a new picture in the same outfit every time I lose ten pounds. Today, I got to take my third picture in the series, which means that I've lost twenty pounds to date. While I still have quite a bit more to go, I will say that at least this time I could breathe in the outfit. And while I'm nowhere near perfection, at least I'm seeing progress.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

And your progress is exactly where it should be! You are doing it right and learning from the journey..I am so proud of you!