Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ummm....

So Master J has been going through the classes for his first communion. Today we participated in a special lunch. We were responsible for bringing the pulled pork as well helping with the set up. It was a lovely get together, mostly due to another couple that we've met through the classes.

But that's not what this is about.

At the end of the meal, the pastor had all of the kids go up to try a communion wafer and the wine. I suppose he didn't want any horrified children at the altar next Sunday and so wanted to prepare them for the taste.

Most of the kids drank the wine and complained. My child drank it and commented that it wasn't bad but that it had an "aftertaste". No big deal. However, there was one child who, after seeing the reactions of the other children, decided she wanted nothing to do with trying the wine. At which point my child pipes up with "I'll drink hers!"

And he did.

Furthermore, he declared that he wanted to keep the little cup that the wine was given to him in "to remember the first time I ever drank wine".

I can see the phrase "Hi, I'm Master J, and I'm an alcoholic" in the boy's future.

0 comments: