Monday, November 1, 2010

Who Knew?

November is National Pomegranate Month. And I just happen to have a half dozen pomegranates in my refrigerator currently. I picked them up the last two Saturdays with the rest of my fruits and vegetables. The only problem is that I have no idea what to do with them.

From what little I've read, what I've determined is that they:

1. Are very seedy
2. Squirt when you cut into them
3. Stain your clothes

So, yeaaahhh, not really sure whether I want to deal with them or not. If anyone would like to dispute the above and tell me why (and how) I should consume this "fruit of the month", please feel free. I'm open to suggestions because right now they're just sucking up space in my fridge.

1 comments:

Bo said...

I haven't eaten a pomegranate since I was 9 years old or so, but I think I remember that you can eat most all of the inside, including the seeds.

It is an intensely staining purple, though; you're right.